This Page

has been moved to new address

Mixing Stripes

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Thrifty Girl Vintage: Mixing Stripes

Tuesday

Mixing Stripes

Mixing stripes is a trend I've been excited about since seeing it in magazines and all over the blogging community.  It's not as complicated as mixing prints.  I used two different colors with stripes of the same size to be the blending factor.  Also, see what in holding in my hand?  Just the most awe inspiring invention since sliced bread: the amazing remote commander.  It really speeds up the whole picture taking process.
 Now for the outtake!
This is me trying to do a twirl shot.  One of these days I will figure it out! 

What I'm Wearing Today:
Navy/white stripe top, $2.50, Goodwill
Red/white stripe skirt, $3, Goodwill
Silver belt, $1, Goodwill
Silver shoes, $10, Shoe Show

Total Cost of Outfit:  $16.50

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At 10:26 AM , Blogger Cat said...

I adore your mixing of the stripes! Killer finds for sure!

xx Cat brideblu

 
At 11:13 AM , Blogger Nanina said...

I like this outfit a lot! And I don't usually like lots of patterns... Ok but I do love stripes. I'm thinking I should pair stripes too, in the future :-) Thanks for the inspiration!

Relatable Style

 
At 12:34 PM , Blogger two birds said...

love it! i love a) stripes and b) these colors together! so fun...keep working on that twirl, at least it makes for fun picture taking!

 
At 2:02 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

You did an amazing job mixing striples..looking super chic!
Loves it.

XoXo
http://fashionmakeuplifestyle.blogspot.com/

 
At 2:17 PM , Blogger Meagan said...

I am sooo jealous of your remote. And I really like the idea of mixing stripes.
-Meagan
http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

 
At 5:39 PM , Blogger Joandy said...

great job, you look lovely in this stripe outfit!!!

prada sunglasses giveaway
http://mystylebyjoandy.blogspot.com

 
At 6:54 PM , Blogger My Heart Blogged said...

You look great in this. I've been trying to mix stripes more often, and this has inspired me to try it again asap.
My Heart Blogged

 
At 8:05 PM , Blogger Chantele Cross-Jones said...

Loving the mix of stripes, very cute!

Daisy Dayz Home
Cross-Jones-Photography Home

 
At 10:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if your camera takes video, but that is how I got my first twirl shot. I shot video and then robbed a frame from it. Wish my camera had a remote!

 
At 4:50 PM , Blogger Debbie Baker Burns said...

Everyone, Thanks for all the kind comments!
Meagan, the remote was under $30, a real buy
Terri, I will try that.

 

Post a Comment

Let's Talk!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home